Do I need a building permit in Brule?

The town does not issue building permits. The County Zoning Dept. does, so you must contact them before you begin your building project. They are located in the County Courthouse, 715-395-1380 if you would like to speak to someone in person. You may also contact them at their website: The town does have a building inspector, Rob Lietha. If you are building a new home, either manufactured or on-site built, you must obtain a building packet from the town. Call the Clerk at 218-591-0693, and a packet will be sent to you upon receipt of a $25 administrative fee. You may also contact Mr. Lietha at 218-393-6482 or by email at [email protected]